Healthy Pumpkin Scones
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 162 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 scones)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, allspice, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and baking soda together in a bowl. Cut cold butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Mix 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, sour cream, white sugar, and egg together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture just until dough forms. Gently roll dough into a circle on a floured work surface and cut into wedges or use fall-inspired cookie cutters. Arrange scones on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl until glaze is smooth; spread over warm scones.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 6.1 g fat; 24.5 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 231 mg sodium. Full nutrition