Ingredients35 m servings 630
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, half-and-half, parsley, nutmeg, white pepper, salt, and black pepper; cook and stir until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Top pasta with pumpkin sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Asiago or Romano cheese can used in place of Parmesan, if desired.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon dried parsley for the fresh parsley, if desired.
- Any type of pasta can be used in place of the tri-color rotini.
Per Serving: 630 calories; 16.5 102.3 18.8 31 535 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is a good basis for a sauce but it seemed unfinished to me... it's sweet and not very complex in flavour, which is good and a great start. If you feel comfortable experimenting to amend ...
I added ricotta to half the mixture and stuffed manicotti, then poured the sauce over and topped with Parma
Nice recipe, just what I always wanted. I seen the tip you could use any kind of pasta, I tried fettuccine-gluten free! I also substituted the heavy cream for home made Pumpkin Seed Milk, it nee...
This was a quick and easy recipe. The onions, garlic, and salt bring the most flavor to this recipe so next time I will try to add some additional spices, maybe curry. I added chicken for protei...