Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 381
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain sausage on paper towels and reserve 2 tablespoons grease in the skillet. Add oil to grease in the skillet; cook and stir onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the hot oil-grease until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, pumpkin, bacon, Italian seasoning, and salt into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir cream and sausage into broth mixture and simmer until creamy and thickened, about 5 minutes. Add rotini and gently toss. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 381 calories; 20.3 35.1 14.5 51 992 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Very good casserole! I made it as the recipe was written, except I used tricolor rotini (very pretty for fall!), and used half and half instead of cream. The consistency was fine, and we loved t...
This was awesome! I doubled the bacon and put a layer of provolone under the Parmesan.
This was easy to make and very tasty. Could not really taste the pumpkin.
I wasn’t expecting much from this recipe but it really surprised me. The pumpkin flavour is very subtle. I did add a bit of extra bacon, which I really enjoyed and a bit of cheddar cheese to mak...
It was very good. Used chicken italian sausage. Used thyme, basil and oregano in place of italian seasoning. Used ff 1/2 & 1/2 instead of heavy cream. Didn't take the time to cook it in pan ...
Followed the recipe exactly. Delicious! My husband loved it & he is not a big pumpkin fan. Don't taste the pumpkin, it just makes it creamy.
Made this for 75 preschoolers at work. Big hit! Perfect type of recipe to adjust for large quantities.
I had some pumpkin in my fridge that I needed to use and when i saw this recipe I was a little skeptical. It was AMAZING. So good we couldnt stop eating. Thank you so much for sharing!! :)