Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 459
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add sugar and mix well. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture, mixing well after each addition. Gradually mix flour, milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt into butter mixture until batter comes together; fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- I make this cake for my husband and 5 kids to put in their lunches. I use a Wilton® long loaf pan. When cooled I cut the cake into 1-inch slices and put in Ziploc® sandwich bags then the freezer. In the morning I put a slice in everyone's lunch bag and by noon they are perfect to eat and it helped keep their lunch cold.
- I also use different extracts like coconut, almond, and peanut butter to switch it up. Mini chips work best as larger chips tend to sink.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 24.5 57.4 6.3 93 275 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Another pound cake to love. I used mini chocolate chips and they sunk anyway. Next time, I'll try dredging the chips in flour as I've heard that keeps the chips from sinking. I used gluten free...
Original review from when this was a personal recipe 8-25-13 ~ This is a delicious pound cake recipe. I'm not big on chocolate chips in my food with the exception of chocolate chip cookies. Well...
Made it exactly as recipe calls for.....OMG.....wonderful....will definitely make again....
Delicious cake! I made the recipe as posted, except that I dredged my chocolate chips in a teaspoon of flour to prevent them sinking in the batter. Took the cake to work, and it was a huge hit! ...
This is in the oven now, I had to make 2 substitutions because of what I had, sour cream for the cream cheese and half and half for the whole milk. I tried the spatula after getting it in the bu...
I made it exactly by the recipe and it turned out to be very good. I figured out that it would be a big cake, so I used two loaf pans instead of the tube pan, so I could freeze one. It came out ...
I've made this so many times that I can't even count! It's fabulous and so easy to make. I also like that it makes a nice big loaf. Everyone who tries this always asks for the recipe and some ca...
YUM! I had the pleasure of making this recipe before it was "kitchen approved". My review went as follows...YUM! I replaced the chocolate chips with a container of Reese's Peanut Butter desser...