Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 636
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well combined. Add sugar and beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix almond extract, vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder into creamed mixture; beat in 2 eggs. Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Add last 2 eggs and mix well. Add remaining 1 cup flour and mix until batter is smooth.
- Remove 2 cups batter and place in a separate bowl; stir in cocoa powder. Pour 1/2 of the plain batter into the prepared pan; add 1/2 of the chocolate batter and swirl with a knife. Repeat with remaining plain batter and chocolate batter, swirling gently.
- Place pan in the middle rack of the preheated oven; bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Be sure that all ingredients are at room temperature or your baking time will be off.
- If you have parchment paper, grease the pan then line the sides and center tube. Spray any paper that will overlap so it sticks well. Once cake has cooled the paper comes off easily and the cake had a beautiful, crumb-free appearance.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 636 calories; 32.6 80.1 8.2 175 329 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I did everything wrong when making this recipe and yet, it turned out to be one of the best cakes I've made in a long time. And this isn't self-praise, this is certified by third parties. This r...
I made it this afternoon and it came out moist and full of flavour. I did tweak a bit by replacing about 5 Tbsp of flour with cornflour for a lighter airy texture, reduced the sugar by 1/2 cup, ...
Is it possible to bake this in a bundt pan? If so, what changes to the recipe should be made?
Love this pound cake. NOTE: Next time I will use 1/4 cup less flour to make the cake more moist.
Followed as written, but sifted the dry ingredients before adding. Topped with a thin drizzle of melted chocolate. Everyone at the family gathering loved it, but some thought it was slightly dry...
This is a delicious marble pound cake. My boys loved it. Thanks for sharing your recipe