Ingredients35 m servings 638
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- Farmer's sausage, a traditional Mennonite smoked sausage, is well-known in Canada. If you cannot find it, you can use any sausage links.
Per Serving: 638 calories; 22.3 85.3 26.6 49 1663 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Great recipe!! We didn't use onion or red pepper flakes because we had spicy Italian sausage (and it was spicy!). Will do again using sweet Italian sausage and hopefully it won't be as fire engi...
This was so fast to make and I love how most ingredients were fresh! Kudos on not having a lot of processed ingredients! I omitted the salt, as I wanted the taste to come from the herbs. Other t...
Delicious! The entire family loved it so much they all requested second helpings! Quick and easy recipe that will become a staple in our home.
Delicious! Used Johnsonville cooked Italian sausage and minced garlic. Definitely a favorite
Made this tonight and it was a very solid meal for a quick & easy dinner.
This was wonderful! I didn't have a green pepper so I used a yellow and I was out of tomato sauce so I used crushed, it made the dish really creamy. The pasta I undercooked by a few minutes and ...
My family devoured this! We are not hot and spicy fans so I omitted the red pepper flakes. I also used 2 tsp of minced garlic and no garlic salt. I added 4 large handfuls of spinach, and a fu...