Ingredients35 m servings 638
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir sausage, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes into vegetable mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spoon onto plates and top with sauce mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- Farmer's sausage, a traditional Mennonite smoked sausage, is well-known in Canada. If you cannot find it, you can use any sausage links.
Per Serving: 638 calories; 22.3 85.3 26.6 49 1663 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
Great recipe!! We didn't use onion or red pepper flakes because we had spicy Italian sausage (and it was spicy!). Will do again using sweet Italian sausage and hopefully it won't be as fire engi...
This was so fast to make and I love how most ingredients were fresh! Kudos on not having a lot of processed ingredients! I omitted the salt, as I wanted the taste to come from the herbs. Other t...
I made this and the sauce was delicious! I found that the amount of pasta was not enough and boiled an additional 2 cups of penne.
This recipe was outstanding! I only had Trader Joe’s chicken sausage. Since there is no casing, I sliced the sausage into “pennies” and it turned out so delicious. Will definitely make it agai...
This recipe is so good that I've hunted for 2 days to find it again. I'll be writing it down and adding it to my recipe box this time. I used smoked sausage because I already had it and left out...
Delicious! I made it exactly as directed & served it both as sandwiches with potato salad and also over penne. Everyone loved it. Definitely a keeper.