Butternut Squash Apple Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Musselman's® Apple Butter
"This silky, delicious butternut squash and apple butter soup is seasoned with ginger and curry for a warming bowlful on a chilly day."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 248 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until onions are just soft.
- Stir in butternut squash, ginger and curry powder. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the squash and carrots are soft.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, or work in batches and transfer to a standing blender or food processor to puree, returning back to the pot.
- Stir in the apple butter until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 6.4 g fat; 49.4 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 386 mg sodium. Full nutrition