Tres Leches Cupcakes
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 205
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 dozen cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat eggs and 1/3 cup white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy; mix in milk and 1 dash vanilla extract. Whisk cake flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl; stir into egg mixture.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar to egg whites mixture and beat until mixture is glossy and firm. Fold egg whites mixture into flour mixture until batter is just mixed. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Mix evaporated milk, 1/2 cup cream, sweetened condensed milk, and 1 dash vanilla extract together in a bowl. Prick holes into the cupcakes and spoon 4 to 5 spoonfuls milk mixture over each cupcake.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Add 1/4 cup cold cream and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread frosting onto each cupcake.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The milk mixture, I know, is way too much. Feel free to cut it in half. I use the rest as a French toast base. Also, double the frosting recipe if you plan on piping it on.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 10.3 24.4 4.3 65 98 Full nutrition