Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Apples
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 327 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add sweet potato, cover, and steam until soft, about 1 hour. Scoop the meat from the skin, transfer to a bowl, and smash using an electric mixer or wooden peg.
- Stir 1/4 cup brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon into smashed sweet potatoes; allow to cool.
- Stir cream, orange juice, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, salt, and pepper into smashed sweet potatoes; transfer to a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir apples and 3 tablespoons brown sugar in the melted butter until lightly browned on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon caramelized apples over smashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 12.8 g fat; 51.8 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 38 mg cholesterol; 492 mg sodium. Full nutrition