Autumn Spiced Apple and Pear Hand Pies
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 125
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 3-inch pies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir apple, pear, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface; cut into circles with a 3- to 4-inch round cookie cutter. Spoon a small amount of apple mixture onto center of each pastry circle; fold circles in half and press firmly to seal edges. Crimp with a fork, if desired. Place pies on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut 3 small slits in top of each hand pie with a sharp knife. Brush surface of pies with egg mixture; sprinkle with decorating sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 25 minutes; allow pies to cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 2 minutes. Drizzle melted chocolate over pies.
You might also like
Per Serving: 125 calories; 5.5 18.1 1.5 12 75 Full nutrition