Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 225
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; add pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves and mix well. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough onto a work surface and knead by hand 6 to 8 minutes or mix in a stand mixer. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide into 8 balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each ball using your finger to create a bagel shape. Arrange bagels on a baking sheet and let rise, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with 6 cups water and white sugar and bring to a boil. Slightly flatten the bagels and drop a couple at a time into the boiling water; cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Flip bagels and boil for another 1 1/2 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and dry on a clean towel. Repeat with remaining bagels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle cornmeal on the sheet. Arrange bagels on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This can also be made in a bread machine on the dough cycle. The only adjustments are to use 70 degree F (21 degrees C) water, and check the dough after 5 minutes to make sure the dough is the correct consistency (add water or flour accordingly). After it has risen continue on with step 2 (forming the bagels).
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 0.8 49 5.6 0 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Delicious bagels! My husband and son love them. I made six bakery-sized bagels and topped them with cinnamon sugar. Out of necessity, I had to use two teaspoons of pumpkin spice, instead of the ...
These have good flavor and are very simple to make! The only part I didn't like is that they are a tiny bit tough, but that might be my fault! :-) Kids loved these with a maple raisin flavored c...
Flavor-wise, these bagels are delicious. Could stand to be a touch sweeter--like an extra tablespoon or two of brown sugar. Technique-wise, these were not the best. Any dough that I've ever used...