Oatmeal Chia Hemp Chocolate Chip Vegan Bars
"While trying to eat healthy, I kept stuffing my face with my children's over-processed store-bought granola bars as they were around and so yummy. I came up with these as a way to save my waistline and get some 'healthy' super foods into myself and my kids....they turned out great. My 4-year-old son loves these."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 276
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x11-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix boiling water and flax seed meal together in a bowl; set aside to thicken.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in agave nectar, coconut oil, and flax mixture until well mixed. Fold chocolate chips into mixture; press into a 9x11-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature and slice into bars. Refrigerate before removing from pan.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 13.8 36.6 4.9 0 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Wow! Healthy, delicious, quick and easy to make. I will definitely make these again.