Oatmeal Chia Hemp Chocolate Chip Vegan Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
"While trying to eat healthy, I kept stuffing my face with my children's over-processed store-bought granola bars as they were around and so yummy. I came up with these as a way to save my waistline and get some 'healthy' super foods into myself and my kids....they turned out great. My 4-year-old son loves these."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 276 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x11-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix boiling water and flax seed meal together in a bowl; set aside to thicken.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl; stir in agave nectar, coconut oil, and flax mixture until well mixed. Fold chocolate chips into mixture; press into a 9x11-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature and slice into bars. Refrigerate before removing from pan.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 13.8 g fat; 36.6 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 149 mg sodium. Full nutrition