Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 28 m servings 114
Original recipe yields 50 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes more. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28 to 33 minutes. Cool cake completely, at least 1 hour.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl and mix in cream cheese. Roll cake mixture into about 40 to 50 quarter-size balls. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball and arrange on a baking sheet; refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Dip each cake ball into melted chocolate until coated. Arrange cake pops on a baking sheet to dry.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any flavor cake mix can be used in place of the yellow cake mix.
- You can use different food colorings for the chocolate. White chocolate bark can be used in place of the chocolate bark, if desired. Add a drop of red food coloring for a pink coating.
- Editor's Note:
- The cooking instructions for the cake are based specifically for Betty Crocker® cake mix. Follow instructions on box if using a different brand.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 8.2 10.6 1.7 16 75 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2