Simple Cake Pops
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 378
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28 to 33 minutes. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Stir frosting into cake crumbles until mixture is sticky but not too smooth. Chill in refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
- Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange on a baking sheet. Place 1 lollipop stick into each ball.
- Melt about 1/4 cup chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, about 20 seconds. Dip each cake pop in the melted chocolate. Repeat melting chocolate and dipping remaining cake pops. Decorate pops with decorating icing.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pre-baked cake and frosting may be stored in freezer and refrigerator respectively for up to two weeks. Thaw cake fully and mix as instructed.
- Any flavor of cake and icing can be used.
- Directions for baking cake are based from the specific brand used. Follow box instructions for making cake if using a different brand.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 378 calories; 22.8 46 4.1 31 236 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These tasted great--they really did. However, I do not think that they were simple. I have never made cake balls or pops before, and the instructions were lacking in getting me a decent finished...
Worked well, turned out yummy. Candy wafer melts in double boiler coated and held together good. Birthday Cake Pops success!