Asian Garlic Beef Cubes (Vietnamese Bo Luc Lac or Shaking Beef)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 329 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Put beef cubes in a container with a lid. Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 4 minced garlic cloves, wine, 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon black pepper, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sesame oil together in a bowl until marinade is well mixed; pour over beef. Allow beef to marinate, 10 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk 1 tablespoon fish sauce, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon black pepper together in a bowl until dipping sauce is well mixed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat; add beef and marinade. Cook and stir beef mixture, 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, and 4 cloves minced garlic together in hot oil until beef is cooked through and sauce begins to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes. Adding garlic over several times during cooking will produce a better mix of flavors.
- Serve beef alongside dipping sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- Ingredients always make a difference, but here the quality of the meat, fresh minced garlic and the brand of oyster sauce really make a difference. Other recipes may suggest lower quality of beef cuts, but this is a special dish for special occasions. When perfected, the beef will melt in your mouth and the assortment of flavors will bring a smile to people who enjoy the variety.
- Lean rib-eye beef can be used in place of the tenderloin, if desired.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 26.8 g fat; 3.4 g carbohydrates; 17.7 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 458 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1