Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 292 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Whisk garlic, oyster sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce together in a bowl; add beef. Marinate beef in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Whisk vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt together in a bowl until vinaigrette is smooth; add onion. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to pickle the onion.
- Whisk lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until dipping sauce is smooth. Transfer dipping sauce to ramekins.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until oil starts to smoke; add beef. Cook in a single layer until beef is seared, about 2 minutes. Cook and stir (or "shake") until beef reaches desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Spread watercress onto a serving plate and top with tomatoes. Drizzle vinaigrette over tomatoes and layer beef onto watercress; top with onion. Serve dipping sauce on the side.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to serve this next to some of type Asian rice pilaf. One suggestion is simple tomato rice. (1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons butter, 3 to 4 tablespoons ketchup and 2 cups cooked rice.)
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 17.4 g fat; 13.3 g carbohydrates; 21.7 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 1238 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1