Slow Cooker Beef Neck Bones and Gravy
Ingredients5 h 30 m servings 124
- Preheat slow cooker to High.
- Clean neck bones and remove any excess fat. Season bones with cumin, allspice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt; dust with 1/4 cup flour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add seasoned neck bones; cook until bones begin to brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer neck bones and drippings to the preheated slow cooker; add beef broth and onion.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and cook 4 to 6 hours.
- Transfer neck bones to a dish. Sprinkle remaining flour into the slow cooker and stir well. Return neck bones to slow cooker. Let stand until gravy thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- For thicker gravy, increase the amount of flour added to the neck bone drippings. Pork neck bones can be used in place of beef neck bones.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 124 calories; 7.2 12.8 2.7 0 460 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This turned out really great. I added veggies to crockpot and served with rice. Thanks for a great recipe. Most definitely a keeper.
Finger licking good to the last bite. Too good to stop and take pic - maybe next time.
I love this recipe! I added red onions, green onions and a bit more garlic! Family loved them!