Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 657 cals
- Place chicken in a single layer in a large pot and add enough chicken stock to cover; season with paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. Shred chicken.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain. Arrange noodles on a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir celery and onion until just starting to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine onion mixture and shredded chicken in a bowl; add about 1/3 the buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese and mix well.
- Mix ricotta cheese, blue cheese dressing, and remaining buffalo wing sauce in a separate bowl; season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Stir egg into mixture.
- Spread a layer of ricotta mixture in the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; top with a layer of 3 noodles. Spread 1/4 of the remaining ricotta mixture over noodle layer; top with 1/3 the chicken mixture, and 1/4 the mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over cheese layer and repeat layering 2 times more ending with a layer of ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Cool lasagna at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may wish to cover the dish with aluminum foil for the first 30 minutes to prevent excess browning.
- The lasagna will taste best after a day in the fridge.
Per Serving: 657 calories; 38 g fat; 38 g carbohydrates; 39.3 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 1734 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Family loved this. Made it totally from scratch, even the hot wing sauce and the blue cheese dressing (see Blue Cheese Dressing by Nancy Blair--used the whole recipe plus 2 eggs and left out ri...
I thought it was delicious, I barely did anything different. I added sharp cheese on top of the mozzarella, & cooked the onions & celery until they were no longer crunchy. Just my personal prefe...