Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch pie)
- Whisk water, 3/4 cup agave nectar, cornstarch, flour, zest and juice from 2 1/2 lemons, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil just until lemon mixture coats a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir butter into lemon mixture until melted; remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup lemon mixture with the egg yolks in a bowl to temper the yolks. Return saucepan to medium-low heat and slowly whisk tempered egg yolks into remaining lemon mixture until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon lemon mixture into pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in a clean bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add 2 tablespoons agave nectar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon egg white mixture on top of lemon mixture, making sure to completely cover the lemon mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meringue is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 12.6 42.9 4.8 110 243 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I wanted to try this since it didn't call for sugar & I use Agave regularly. It was delicious. I didn't miss the sugar at all. The meringue was a bit funky, but still tasty. I added a bit mo...