Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 297 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch pie)
- Whisk water, 3/4 cup agave nectar, cornstarch, flour, zest and juice from 2 1/2 lemons, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil just until lemon mixture coats a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir butter into lemon mixture until melted; remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup lemon mixture with the egg yolks in a bowl to temper the yolks. Return saucepan to medium-low heat and slowly whisk tempered egg yolks into remaining lemon mixture until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon lemon mixture into pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in a clean bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add 2 tablespoons agave nectar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon egg white mixture on top of lemon mixture, making sure to completely cover the lemon mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meringue is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 12.6 g fat; 42.9 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 243 mg sodium. Full nutrition