Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 88
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender yet still have a snap, about 15 minutes. Run cold water over carrots to stop the cooking process. Transfer carrots to a storage container.
- Whisk soy sauce, water, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour over carrots. Cover container and refrigerate, at least 3 hours. The longer they marinate, the more intense to flavor.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove carrots from marinade and place on the grill; cook until desired doneness is reached, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 5.6 8.2 2.2 0 1486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I made this while on a low fat diet before having my gallbladder removed and was floored by how good it is! Ok it's not a hot dog, but it's flavorful and salty and once it's in a bun with ketchu...
Instead of soy sauce, I used Bragg's liquid Amino's and I added a splash or 2 of liquid smoke. It turned out really good! Such a surprise!
A few of us meet for potluck on a regular basis. We usually have a theme. We decided to have a healthier appetizer meal. We weren't looking for completely healthy, but better than our regular re...
This was terrific; you can also cut the is pieces and eat them without a bun.
I wanted a Chicago hotdog but not the heartburn. I remembered this convenient hack, marinated, baked in toaster oven, added condiments plus celery salt and had on a bun. I only made one large c...
Right off the bat I'm going to confess that I have not made this recipe but I'm giving it 5 stars for creativity alone. I have had to make dietary changes and and am happily leaning toward much...
Made exactly as directed even tough I'm not a fan of ginger. The marinade mix smelled delicious and would like to know What else it could be used with.
I made these and were surprised at how good they were. Even my meat-eating husband liked them. I followed the recipe exactly except for adding a splash of liquid smoke to the marinade. Will defi...