Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 88
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots, cover, and steam until tender yet still have a snap, about 15 minutes. Run cold water over carrots to stop the cooking process. Transfer carrots to a storage container.
- Whisk soy sauce, water, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour over carrots. Cover container and refrigerate, at least 3 hours. The longer they marinate, the more intense to flavor.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove carrots from marinade and place on the grill; cook until desired doneness is reached, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 88 calories; 5.6 8.2 2.2 0 1486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
I made this while on a low fat diet before having my gallbladder removed and was floored by how good it is! Ok it's not a hot dog, but it's flavorful and salty and once it's in a bun with ketchu...
Instead of soy sauce, I used Bragg's liquid Amino's and I added a splash or 2 of liquid smoke. It turned out really good! Such a surprise!
A few of us meet for potluck on a regular basis. We usually have a theme. We decided to have a healthier appetizer meal. We weren't looking for completely healthy, but better than our regular re...
This was terrific; you can also cut the is pieces and eat them without a bun.
I wanted a Chicago hotdog but not the heartburn. I remembered this convenient hack, marinated, baked in toaster oven, added condiments plus celery salt and had on a bun. I only made one large c...
Right off the bat I'm going to confess that I have not made this recipe but I'm giving it 5 stars for creativity alone. I have had to make dietary changes and and am happily leaning toward much...
Can't wait to try this been looking for one that does not have Liquid Smoke in it. All I can taste the chemical flavor in liquid smoke, for me it takes it over. Hope I can do this soon
This is a very delicious recipe. I was absolutely convinced before we did it that it was going to be terrible and I'm so glad I was wrong. We subbed coconut aminos for the soy sauce, used cabbag...