Ingredients6 h 15 m servings 162
- Mix water, yeast, and salt together in a large bowl until mixture becomes foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir flour into yeast mixture until well incorporated. The dough will be loose and look wet. Cover bowl loosely with a damp towel and let sit for about 5 hours.
- Shape dough into 2 loaves using damp hands. Place loaves on a cornmeal-dusted work surface and score the tops a few times with a sharp knife. Allow loaves to double in size, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place loaves on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, spraying the surface of the dough occasionally with water, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 162 calories; 0.5 33.7 4.8 0 527 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I cut the recipe in half and just did one loaf. At 20 minutes the loaf looked done but the center was undercooked. I baked for 40 minutes. The crust was really hard to cut and the crumb was s...
Very easy to make, I love the crustness of the bread, made it twice now, I added 1 cup of whole wheat the second time, very addictive.