Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 1165 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x9 inch cake)
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 cake pan with Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil and grease and flour the foil. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, sugar and eggs until thick and pale. Stir in molasses, honey and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients, all at once, to the wet ingredients. Stir together until entirely incorporated. Add the warm water and gently stir until the mixture is silky smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake cake for 35-45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, make the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, blend the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Stop the mixer and add the softened butter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat over medium speed until smooth and incorporated. Add one cup of powdered sugar and blend until incorporated. Add vanilla extract (and the paste from inside the scraped bean, if using) and remaining cup of powdered sugar. Beat until frosting is smooth and silky.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on wire rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting the cake. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds before serving. This cake can be stored, well wrapped in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
- For cake that lifts right out, line your pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.
Per Serving: 1165 calories; 62.4 g fat; 145.5 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 144 mg cholesterol; 741 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1