Ingredients3 h 45 m servings 448
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Whisk in the polenta. Once it begins to thicken, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes until creamy and thick, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Stir in the Parmesan and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir until melted and cheese is no longer visible. Remove from heat.
- Line an 8x11 inch baking dish with Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil and carefully pour the polenta into the baking dish, using a spatula to smooth it to an even thickness, about 3/4 inch. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to two days until firm.
- While the polenta chills, make your ragu. In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir often to prevent browning. Add mushrooms and thyme and cook over medium-high heat until the mushrooms start to release their liquid. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and continue to cook another 5 minutes until they begin to soften more.
- Add flour, stirring, until it is no longer visible, about 1 minute. Add in the wine, cream and sugar, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Taste and adjust salt if desired. Simmer until thick and creamy and the mushrooms are nicely coated, about 15 minutes. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup minced parsley. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Slice your polenta into squares -- whatever size you desire. Wipe down your skillet, coat it with nonstick cooking spray, and heat it over medium-high. Fry the squares in the pan until golden brown and warmed through. To serve, top the squares with warm mushroom ragu.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
- Line your baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil for perfect polenta every time!
Per Serving: 448 calories; 19 46.9 19 33 949 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
What's not to like? Stick to your ribs grilled polenta & earthy mushroom ragoût! As per recipe with olive oiled & grilled polenta squares (triangles preferred...)
I was delicious except we thought it needed a little salt & pepper. It was enjoyed by the entire family! And....EASY!
Really nice, and a great way to use up left-over polenta! The creamy mushroom ragu is really flavorful (would be great with pasta as well). Add a sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top, f...