Vegetable Birdseed Pilaf
"A savory vegetarian pilaf of millet and vegetables, flavored with rosemary and wine. My daughter loved that it was made with 'birdseed' and she gave it the silly title. Serve with additional fresh grated Parmesan."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook and stir millet in a large saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and toasted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a large saucepan; add millet and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover saucepan, and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is translucent, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir onion mixture, spinach, and peas into millet; add wine and rosemary and stir. Increase heat to medium, cover saucepan, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper; return cover and cook until tomatoes soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir Parmesan cheese into millet mixture.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Add more wine at the end of cooking if millet mixture is too dry.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 6.6 43.3 11.4 6 390 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1