Frosted Zucchini Brownies
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 406
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk white sugar, canola oil, and eggs together in a bowl. Mix flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir sugar mixture into flour mixture; add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix batter. Fold zucchini and nuts into batter; pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool brownies completely.
- Stir 6 tablespoons cocoa powder and melted butter together in a bowl; stir in confectioners' sugar, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract until frosting is smooth. Spread frosting on brownies.
- Cook's Note:
- Depending on the size of your brownies, you might have more bars. My husband's mom was very generous with her portions.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 406 calories; 24.6 45.3 4.3 44 277 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 29
awesome but it did take 40 mins in a rectangler pan
I used a jelly roll sized pan since it did not say specifically. It was not big enough, so ended up going over and everywhere. Texture was not like a brownie. Only use if you are planning on ...
So delicious! I halved the cake portion of the recipe, replacing the nuts for mini chocolate chips (for the kids) and baked it in an 11x7 baking pan, so it came out a bit thicker, more like a ca...
Made as directed minus nuts. I used a 17.25" x 11.5" baking sheet, but it still came out more cake like than brownie. Tasty way to use up zucchini!
I will make these again and substitute applesauce to make them more moist. Also consider doubling the frosting.
I made the recipe exactly as the directions stated. Spot on! Super rich--so be sure to cut small portions and have milk or coffee ready1 Thank you for sharing a memory with this recipe.
Yummy and very moist. Even my zucchini-shy husband approved! Instead of 1 1/2 cups of oil, I used 3/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce. Omitted the nuts and used ready-made frosting. I baked it in...
Amazing! So moist, will be making over and over again