Black Bean and Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 767
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 11x7-inch baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pierce butternut squash flesh several times with a fork and place face-down on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Scoop squash flesh from skin.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onions are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix cumin, coriander, and cayenne into onion mixture. Add squash, black beans, and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese; cook and stir until heated through.
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce into an 11x7-inch baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce into a large dish with sides. Dip both sides of each tortilla into enchilada sauce. Fill tortillas with sweet potato mixture and roll tortilla around the filling. Place rolled tortillas, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sweet potato mixture; top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 40 minutes.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 767 calories; 32.9 89.4 32 60 1475 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made small changes. I used flour tortillas for one batch and corn for another. I used red enchilada sauce for the flour tortilla recipe and green enchilada sauce for corn tortillas.