Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 534 cals
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Submerge chicken in salted water; drain and rinse.
- Combine chicken, onion, ginger, and salt in a large skillet; pour in 2 cups water. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk peanut butter and 1/2 cup liquid from skillet together in a bowl; stir into liquid mixture in skillet.
- Stir tomato sauce into peanut butter mixture in skillet. Add broth, okra, tomatoes, sweet potato, red pepper flakes, and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Salsa can be substituted for the tomato sauce, if desired.
Per Serving: 534 calories; 20.4 g fat; 22.7 g carbohydrates; 65.4 g protein; 155 mg cholesterol; 733 mg sodium. Full nutrition