Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 287
- Boil cabbage in a stockpot until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix salt, parsley, onion powder, and black pepper into ground beef.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir tomato soup and crushed tomatoes together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cabbage, seasoned ground beef, rice, and tomato mixture together in a bowl; transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe uses a lot of sauce. If you like the traditional golumpki-version, you may want to reduce the amount of sauce. I happen to dislike the old family recipes that are very dry.
- I put the brand names of the sauce in there, because it is my personal preference and love the flavor.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 9.9 36.7 14.4 35 727 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Lazy Golumpki Haiku: "Used some of cook's notes, coz we don't like it too saucy. Couple swaps as well." Unlike the recipe submitter who prefers a wetter golumpki, we want it a little more dry, s...
I love love love this! It's so easy and gives me the flavor and food I crave without hours in the kitchen!
I will be making this, again! So simple...and tastes just like stuffed cabbage.
I used red cabbage because it is better for you than green, and because of my food intolerances, I had to substitute the soups for other things like more tomatoes and some ketchup. Will do it ag...
We love golumpki at home but it is a lot of work. This is a great replacement when you get the craving. The whole family loved it even going for seconds. We followed the recipe to the letter and...