Ingredients8 h 30 m servings 276 cals
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine water, cabbage, tomato puree, tomato soup, rice, beef bouillon, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker; add ground beef mixture.
- Cook on High for 8 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust amount of ground beef or cabbage to your preference. Tomato sauce is a good alternative for puree too.
- White rice can be substituted for the brown rice, if desired.
- This can also be simmered on the stovetop, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup
Per Serving: 276 calories; 11.2 g fat; 31.5 g carbohydrates; 14.5 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 766 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this today and it came out fabulous! Only change I made was to add the rice (Texmati Rice) about 1/2 hour before we were ready to eat. So delicious. Highly recommend. Thanks so much f...
Hearty and flavourful and no need to cook the dish for 8 hours unless the beef has not been properly cooked and crock pot is slow. Next time I make this will add some garlic. :) For me, it ac...
I really liked this soup. I did add a teaspoon of worchestershire sauce, and about 1/2 t minced garlic because I was afraid it would be bland. I didnt use the tomato soup, because i grow tomatoe...
I do not think it needs to be in the crockpot for 8 hours on high. Came out thick like stew, definitely hearty. It had good taste but next time I will cook it on low and possibly add more water ...