Ingredients30 m servings 115
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 12-muffin mini-muffin tin. Add a pinch of flour to each cup; shake to coat bottoms.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The melted butter will get foamy. Keep pan moving to prevent burning, but continue toasting butter until it turns golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves and egg whites get thick and foamy, 2 or 3 minutes. Mix in almond meal, flour, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in browned butter.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the cop. Tap pan to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and top financiers with small pieces of peach. Transfer pan back to oven. Continue baking until browned, 10 to 12 more minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 6.6 11.7 3 15 40 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
Super moist, not too sweet and have great aroma! They seem to be the best muffins I have ever tried in my entire life! I used my Cuisine processor to grind almonds as I did not have almond meal ...
These were awesome. I made them for my parents anniversary dinner and they loved them. They were super moist and flavorful. I didn't have a mini muffin tin, so I just used a regular muffing tin...
These are so good! I didn't think they would be with the small amount of fruit involved, but it's a Chef John recipe, and I've never made anything bad from him. I had homemade almond paste on ...
They are delicious!!! My only complain is that I followed the recipe to a T and instead of 12 I got 7...
Followed recipe with the exception of substituting blueberries for peaches. Added just a dash of almond extract. Absolutely delicious!
My butter was browned too much but still tasted yummy. Thanks Chef John.
great recipe for a quick sweet craving. all though could use a bit less sugar. also a tip: if you don’t have almond meal just replace it with all purpose flower.