Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 282
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; cook pork sausage, breaking it onto smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Pour remaining olive oil over sausage mixture; add eggplant, onion, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and continuing cooking until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and basil into sausage mixture; bring to a boil. Cover Dutch oven, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can make this meatless by omitting the meat and add peppers and zucchini to make this extra hearty. You can also substitute ground pork for the sausage.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 17.7 19.2 14.1 34 840 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This is great! Spaghetti squash is very underated as an alternative to the processed strands of empty nutrition folks normally use for their dinner. The only thing I would consider doing is leav...
I love this sauce. The eggplant gives it a nice creamy texture. I usually cut out half of the basil (personal preference) and use poultry sausage.
Amazing! I used a pound of ground beef and no sausage. Only 1 tbsp of olive oil was necessary. Added extra garlic and onion and a 28oz can of diced tomatoes. Served over spaghetti squash. Wow!!
This was delicious. I used a high ratio of sauce to pasta because this is loaded with vegetables. My new favorite pasta sauce.
Followed the recipe exactly. Very easy and very tasty. This is definitely a keeper!
This was delicious. I have never had Bolognese before so I can't say whether or not it is what one would expect, but it definitely beat marinara sauce - even marinara with meatballs. It makes ...
I made this, mostly because I had all the components on hand. My husband said it was really great and a definite do over. I thought it good, and would have liked it better, but I don't really ...
Absolutely delicious! I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned as that was what I had. It also freezes and reheats beautifully. I'll be making this in much larger batches to freeze next year