Low Carb Carbonara
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 326
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place squash, cut-side down, onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until flesh is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Cool until easily handled.
- Scrape spaghetti squash flesh into a large bowl using a fork. Whisk eggs, evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt, and oregano together in a separate bowl; pour over squash. Mix chicken, 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the green onions, bacon bits, and black pepper into squash mixture; pour into a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Top mixture with remaining Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- Bake in the oven until cooked through and set, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a low-fat option, use fat-free evaporated milk and packaged bacon bits. For a low-cholesterol option, use only the egg whites and double the amount of eggs used.
- Play around with the seasonings! Carbonara sauce is a basic cream sauce and will accept many different additions.
Per Serving: 326 calories; 18.1 10.9 30.3 161 1265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 29
This is quite good; a nice low-carb option. However. DO NOT ADD ANY SALT. The recipe calls for ONE TABLESPOON, which is 100% unnecessary. The cheese and bacon are salty, as well as the garlic an...
This is my original recipe. Thanks for making it! To assist one reveiwer: The cheese is pretty critical to getting the right amount of sauce. If you change the cheese but not the egg amount, th...
this meal was very good. Next tome I make it I would just reduce the amount of salt.. It was very salty
This was unbelievably good! I scaled down to 4 servings, but still used the entire squash and 1/2 can fat free evaporated milk, and it was like like an au gratin casserole. I also used low sodi...
I made this over the course of two days...baked the spaghetti squash one night and then put the whole thing together the next. I only made two changes. One was to add a can of cream soup to the ...
This was really good but a little dry. I halved the recipe and made one with spaghetti and the other with spaghetti squash ( my husband does not like squash). I put the pastas in their prospec...
Not bad. Next time I will cut the cheese, oregano, and onion measurements in half.