Ingredients36 m servings 217
- Place spaghetti squash in a microwave-safe baking dish, cut-side down, pour in water, and cover dish with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap for ventilation. Cook on microwave until tender, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and allow to cool until easily handled.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning in the hot oil until onion is tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Set skillet aside, keeping vegetables warm.
- Run a fork along the flesh of the squash, pulling it into strands. Fluff strands to separate as much as possible and transfer to a bowl. Mix flour and Parmesan cheese into the strands. Add onion mixture and mix well.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup squash mixture into the hot butter and press to form a 1-inch-thick patty. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining squash mixture.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 11.5 26.1 4.9 15 140 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Photo above is inaccurate.... This being said... I doubled the recipe, because who wants to hold onto half a spaghetti squash? Be careful not to over cook your spaghetti squash or things can be...
Good recipe, especially with leftovers. Though as I find with hash it was not as crispy as I would have desired. I forever will be roasting my spaghetti squash instead of steaming it.