Ingredients50 m servings 186
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rub enough coconut oil into a 9-inch springform pan to lightly coat bottom and sides.
- Blend cake mix and tofu together in a food processor until well mixed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add brewed coffee and blend until well mixed, scraping sides down as needed. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Mix chocolate chips, almond milk, and powdered peanut butter together in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix and heat for 30 seconds more. Spoon chocolate topping over cake.
- Cook's Note:
- Depending on your taste, you may choose to use water or brewed coffee to add to the cake mixture. The coffee enhances the rich chocolate flavor.
- Cashew milk can be used in place of the almond milk, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 4.8 32.5 4.3 0 284 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
1.10.16 Oh my, this surprised me...it's REALLY good! My first time using tofu in a cake and my first time using PB2 peanut butter powder. This cake was incredibly moist, incredibly easy, inc...
Great recipe. I would never have thought to use soft tofu to replace the eggs and oil in the cake mix recipe. It tastes very good, has substantially fewer calories, and reduces the fat content ...
I made it with water instead of coffee (as suggested). It turned out perfect and everyone loved it!
This cake is awesome! I'm not a tofu fan but we loved this. My kids thought it was great. nobody realized it was made with tofu. Completely satisfied my chocolate sweet tooth.
Just scrumptious. Delightfully moist with a light, tender crumb. So easy to make, too, with minimal clean-up after. I anticipate making this again and again.