Apple Pie Cake-Mix Cake
Ingredients1 h servings 194
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour pie filling into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over apple pie filling and top with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top starts to turn brown, about 40 minutes. Cool cake 15 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Any pie filling works great with this recipe.
- I've found that when serving, it is easier to use a large serving spoon to dollop out a spoonful rather than try and cut it like a cake (the pie filling is NOT a solid base, thus the cut is lost in the cake mix topping).
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 7.2 32.5 1.1 13 201 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 32
Not bad. Super easy, but I had a problem with all the cake mix not getting moistened by the apple mix underneath or the butter above. When i reheated it, I used more melted butter poured over ...
How could something so easy be so good? All I can say is that it just disappeared in no time with compliments. I was slightly embarrassed to give the easy recipe but I did credit my go-to source...
I made it following directions only we used a spice cake mix. It turned out amazing, got a lot of compliments and requests for the recipe , no one could believe it was a " dump cake " The spice ...
This is a great recipe for a quick desert. I made it yesterday with my home-canned apple pie filling. It was a hit with my fellow foodies at our monthly get together. Next time I might try a di...
Made this for my son's birthday and it was delicious! He likes apple pie and loves cake, so he asked for an "apple pie cake". This was easy to make and the vanilla ice cream did help cut the swe...
Its so simple that you can't believe it works. Very good solution to sudden company. Although a little embarrassing to pass on the recipe. =)
Used blueberry pie filling . Made the cake mix as directed. It was a hit.
I cooked this in my crock pot since the weather is so hot this summer. It can cook 4 hours on low or 2 on high. I do use a stick of melted butter and this time I threw some pecans on top.