Ingredients2 h servings 382
- Put dried mushrooms in a bowl and pour in hot water; set aside until mushrooms are rehydrated.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving bacon grease in the skillet.
- Coat chicken thighs with flour and season with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook chicken in the bacon grease over medium heat until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken thighs as they brown and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain dried mushrooms through cheesecloth, reserving liquid. Add drained mushrooms, carrots, fresh mushrooms, shallots, and garlic to skillet over medium-high heat; saute for 2 minutes. Pour 1 cup wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon until liquid is reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet and mix in remaining wine, chicken broth, herbes de Provence, thyme, and bay leaves. Liquid should partially cover chicken; if more liquid is needed, add reserved water from mushrooms. Cover skillet and simmer over low heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center, at least 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove cover from skillet and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes more. Add more quick-mixing flour to sauce to thicken, if desired.
- Crumble bacon over chicken and vegetables and garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Notes:
- The dried mushrooms can be rehydrated in hot chicken broth instead of hot water, if desired.
- Canned mushrooms can replace the fresh mushrooms, if desired.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 14.7 21.7 24.2 72 422 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
We LOVED this dish! It took some time but it was fun to make and I finally got to use my new LeCreuset Dutch oven that I got for Mother's Day. If you have some time on your hands and feel like...
I followed the recipe exactly, and it came out very good. I have to say that this is a time consuming recipe. If you want to eat at 7 pm, start the process around 2. I really liked the flavor, b...