Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 125
Original recipe yields 20 servings (10 cups)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Cut an "X" into the bottom of each chestnut using a sharp knife, trying not to pierce through the skin. Arrange chestnuts on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool chestnuts until easily handled. Shell and peel chestnuts and break into small pieces. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir celery and onion until onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add chestnuts, salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper; stir until evenly mixed.
- Put bread cubes in a large bowl. Mix chestnut mixture into bread cubes. Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl; drizzle over bread cube mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, 30 to 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also stuff turkey with bread cube mixture and place extra in aluminum foil in oven to cook. Bake turkey in 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 8 11.4 2.1 37 332 Full nutrition