Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Arrange chestnuts and Brussels sprouts in a baking dish (see Cook's Notes). Sprinkle shallots over chestnuts and Brussels sprouts and season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle brown sugar over mixture and dot with butter.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring twice, until browned and crispy, about 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe will produce chestnuts and sprouts with a bit of crunch. Boiling both the nuts and sprouts for 15 minutes between steps 2 and 3 is recommended if you prefer them more well done.
- You can buy chestnuts in a jar or prepare fresh ones yourself. To shell chestnuts, use a sharp paring knife to score the flat side of each chestnut with an X. Place the chestnuts into a large pot filled with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove chestnuts from the pot. Allow to cool slightly, then peel outer shell and brown skin. Return chestnuts to the pot and continue to boil over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and proceed with the recipe.
Per Serving: 333 calories; 9.4 58.8 8 20 207 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1