Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 169
Original recipe yields 36 servings (1 10x15-inch jelly roll pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat 1/2 cup milk and egg yolk together in a bowl. Combine flour and salt in a separate bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir into milk-egg mixture until a ball of pastry dough forms. Separate dough into 2 pieces.
- Roll 1/2 of the dough on a floured work surface large enough to fit in the bottom and up the sides of a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan. Place dough on pan. Sprinkle crushed corn flakes over dough.
- Drain 1/3 cup liquid from each can of cherry pie filling and reserve liquid for another use. Carefully spoon cherries over corn flakes layer.
- Roll remaining dough into an 11x16-inch rectangle on a floured work surface; place on top of cherry layer. Tuck 1/2 inch of dough under the bottom crust and gently seal edges.
- Beat egg white in a bowl until foamy; brush over top dough layer. Sprinkle white sugar over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 1 hour. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 3 hours.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until glaze is smooth. Spoon glaze into a plastic bag and snip 1 corner. Slice bars and squeeze glaze onto each bar.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of cherry pie filling. The actual amount consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 5.5 28.3 1.7 19 142 Full nutrition