Ingredients30 m servings 318
- Heat canola oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger for 2 minutes. Add ground chicken; cook and stir, breaking chicken into smaller pieces, until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar over chicken mixture and stir. Add corn and water chestnuts to chicken mixture; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add snap peas; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir sesame oil into chicken mixture.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf. Fold leaf around the filling.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add additional vegetables to the mixture, but try to keep the pieces small so that you get a bit of each ingredient in every bite.
- If it needs more soy sauce or vinegar, add at the end of cooking.
- You can spice it up with spicy chile sauce or cayenne.
- The mixture freezes quite well. These make lovely appetizers for parties, though they can be messy to eat.
Per Serving: 318 calories; 15.6 13.7 30 69 1215 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made as written and these were pretty good. They came together in a flash and the corn was a nice addition. They could have used a bit more salt so next time I will add more soy sauce. I recomm...
Turned out great. Although I added my own twist and added some fresh ground pepper, Hoisin Sauce, peanuts and dried chow mien noodles.
I loved these! I used ground turkey and put chopped pecans on top because I didn’t have peanuts. I think I’ll try it with hoisin sauce next time. Will definitely make these again!