Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients39 m servings 109 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 skewers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl; cut in cold butter using a pastry blender or your hands until crumbly.
- Stir buttermilk and applesauce together in a separate bowl; pour into the flour mixture until dough comes together and is sticky. Using 2 spoons, drop dough into about 1/2 tablespoon-size mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, making 36 total mounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bottoms are slightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Cool biscuits.
- Thread 3 biscuits onto each skewer, alternating with 3 strawberries halves, until all the ingredients are used. Top each skewer with whipped topping.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't find 6-inch skewers and need to cut them in half, use a pair of pliers that can cut wood or wire instead of scissors or breaking them in half by hand. They're called skewers for a reason!
Per Serving: 109 calories; 2.9 g fat; 19.4 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 170 mg sodium. Full nutrition