Best Healthy One-Bowl Brownies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Anytime I have a chocolate craving, my mind goes to brownies. Thick, rich, gooey brownies. Sadly, my brownie cravings could never be fully indulged by the lower calorie recipes I was using. So, I created my own! This egg-free, dairy-free, 100% vegan recipe contains applesauce and pumpkin puree instead of oil and eggs. It tastes just as decadent as the regular version!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 192
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Microwave chocolate and butter together in a large microwave-safe bowl in 10 second increments until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes. Stir sugar, pumpkin, applesauce, stevia, and vanilla into chocolate mixture. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to chocolate mixture; stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center of dish comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- For Peanut Butter Brownies: Add dollop of melted peanut butter or sweetened peanut butter to batter in pan before baking; swirl.
- For Brownie Bites: Fill lined mini-muffin cups halfway. Bake for 15 minutes. Makes over 24 brownie bites.
- You can substitute mashed banana for the pumpkin puree.
- You can substitute unbleached all-purpose flour for the spelt flour.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 192 calories; 9.8 28.5 2.5 0 280 Full nutrition