Ingredients55 m servings 278
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss butternut squash chunks lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and white pepper. Spread on a roasting pan and bake in preheated oven until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock, orange juice, and rosemary in a saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low or a heat level that allows it to slowly simmer.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add Arborio rice and cook and stir until rice is coated and starting to toast, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup of the Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock/orange juice mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed into the rice.
- Continue to add liquid 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until well absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup until all the liquid has been added, about 30 minutes. Remove pan from heat; discard rosemary sprig. Stir in roasted butternut squash, butter, and dried cranberries. Season with salt and white pepper. Top with chopped pecans.
- Cook's Note:
- For a more potent orange kick, consider adding in a tablespoon of orange zest.
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 8.8 45.2 5.4 8 128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I finished this off with a sprinkle of feta cheese. I also included minced garlic with the onions, and enhanced the broth and juice mixture with white wine. I also added a couple of drops each o...
I made this dish just as the recipe states, no changes. It was wonderful! The sweetness of the roasted butternut squash and the tartness of the dried cranberries was so delicious! I will be m...
If you want to punch up the orange flavor, add the zest of an orange right at the end. Enjoy.
I really enjoyed this risotto. It is exceptionally easy (especially when you are lazy like I was and buy the pre-cubed squash). Putting the rosemary in the broth/OJ mixture created a lovely fl...
Time-intensive, as risotto always is, but a delicious side dish!