Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 628
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add wild rice; saute until rice browns slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly pour in 4 cups Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock. Add poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, sage, and bay leaf. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. (Not all the water will have been absorbed.) Remove bay leaf and transfer rice to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in the same non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onions; saute until just translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the mixing bowl with cooked wild rice; stir well to combine. Add bread cubes, chopped and whole peanuts, and 2 cups Swanson(R) Unsalted Chicken Stock. Gently toss to combine. Transfer rice and bread cubes mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top just starts to brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You might also like
- Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
Per Serving: 628 calories; 19.2 95.4 19.1 26 1861 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Wow! You don't need a holiday to make this. This recipe is wonderful! I didn't have any wild rice, but substituted with Basmati rice. The blend of spices , peanuts, toasted rice was so tasty...