Copycat Italian Salad Dressing
Ingredients27 m servings 98
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add red bell pepper.
- Roast red bell pepper under the broiler until slightly blackened, about 12 minutes. Transfer bell pepper to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap for about 10 minutes. Carefully remove plastic wrap and peel skin from bell pepper.
- Blend roasted red pepper, oil, water, vinegar, sugar, basil, lemon juice, minced onion, and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Cook's Notes:
- Store in the refrigerator overnight for best taste, although usable immediately if needed. Shake well before using.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 98 calories; 10.2 2 0.1 0 55 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I swapped the white vinegar for balsamic and did about 1 c olive oil and 1/2 vegetable oil (because I ran out of olive oil). This substitutions definitely raised the cost of the recipe, but real...
I followed this recipe completely, I found it a little bit too sweet for my taste. I absolutely love knowing what ingredients are in my salad dressing and will save this for future use. I think ...
I used red wine vinegar and home dried tomatoes instead of bell peppers. I also added some minced garlic. Then instead of all basil, I added half basil and half oregano.
A very nice Italian dressing recipe. Good job getting the flavor right. I made it less tart and less sweet to fit my taste profile and added some garlic. 1 tsp of dry mustard helps it emulsify
I loved this dressing because it had fresh lemon juice in it. It also tells how to roast the red peppers, so helpful. thank you.
I marinate all my chicken in the most inexpensive Italian dressing I can find. I'm not going to buy it anymore though; I'm going to use this recipe but not just for marinade cuz it's really deli...
I used 3/4 cup olive oil instead of the full amount just because I'm saving calories. I also used red wine vinegar instead of white. Half basil and half oregano and added garlic powder and a ...