Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 379
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Crush mint leaves in a small saucepan and add water; bring to a near boil, lower heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain mint leaves from water and measure 3 tablespoons mint water. Reserve any remaining mint water for another use.
- Mix white chocolate, 3 tablespoons mint water, and matcha on top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula until smooth, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow white chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream in a bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into white chocolate mixture.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form; fold into white chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula. Divide mousse among 6 dessert cups and chill until set, at least 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use 100% matcha for its antioxidant benefits.
- Mint is optional, but acts as a nice counter-balance to the green tea.
- Editor's Note:
- This recipe contains raw egg. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly, and the infirm do not consume raw egg. Learn more about egg safety from our article, Making Your Eggs Safe.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 30.4 23.8 4.6 76 72 Full nutrition