Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 444 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 8-inch square pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray an 8-inch square pan.
- Crumble 4 toaster pastries into a bowl and mix in melted butter; press into the prepared pan creating a crust.
- Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon milk in a bowl; spread over crust.
- Beat 1/2 cup brown sugar, softened butter, and white sugar together in a bowl; add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix well. Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Whisk 3/4 cup milk and vinegar together in a separate bowl.
- Mix flour mixture, alternating with milk-vinegar mixture, into butter mixture until batter is well mixed. Fold egg whites into batter. Crumble 1 toaster pastry over batter and fold. Pour batter over the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake completely, at least 1 hour.
- Spread frosting onto cake and crumble 1 toaster pastry over frosting.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 22.5 g fat; 58.5 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 50 mg cholesterol; 337 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 2