Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients18 m servings 238 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat shortening and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and white sugar and beat until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and baking soda; beat until well mixed.
- Slowly mix enough flour into butter mixture until a thick dough forms; fold in chocolate chips. Spoon small mounds of dough onto a baking sheet, about 1-inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Take cookies out of oven before completely done for a soft, not gooey cookie.
- Use chocolate pieces instead of chips, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 12.5 g fat; 31.2 g carbohydrates; 2.5 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Exactly what I was looking for in texture! Didn't change anything but I did double the batch