Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 514
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Mix flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a shallow bowl. Pour milk into a separate bowl. Dip chicken in the milk, allowing excess milk to drip back into bowl. Dredge chicken through flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Cook 1/2 of the chicken in the hot oil until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pot and brown remaining chicken. Return all the chicken to the pot.
- Mix mushrooms, carrots, and onion into chicken, stirring gently to distribute vegetables among the chicken. Pour wine over chicken and vegetables, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pot. Add enough chicken broth to nearly cover the chicken and vegetables.
- Stir Italian seasoning, rosemary, salt, and pepper into broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour. Remove lid and turn heat up to medium-high; boil, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 514 calories; 12 44.9 40.1 91 391 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe turned out great! Definite crowd pleaser. The only change I made was to chop up five slices of bacon and fry them up in the pan first. Then I removed the bacon pieces and added a...
This was really good, but I think I could have made it even better by making a couple of changes. I wish I'd have had some fresh rosemary and oregano, but I lost my plants this summer in the he...