Winter Squash Festive Dip
made it | 0 reviews |
"I make this dip and then use either an ornamental pumpkin or turban squash that I've hollowed out and put it in it. It's super pretty as a center piece and it keeps people out of the kitchen while you are cooking Thanksgiving dinner. We have nut allergies so I don't do this, but a friend who uses this recipe adds pine nuts and pecans on the top as a garnish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 647 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over squash and season with salt and pepper. Place garlic in a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle olive oil over garlic, and loosely wrap foil around garlic. Place garlic packet on the baking sheet with squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is soft and golden brown, about 50 minutes. Cool squash slightly.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir scallions until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Scoop meat from cooked squash and transfer to a food processor. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins and add to squash in food processor; add scallions and chipotle peppers. Pulse until mixture is smooth. Add remaining butter, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and lemon juice; pulse just until combined but not smooth. Season dip with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate dip for 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any variety of winter squash (i.e. butternut) can be used in place of the turban squash.
- Pour dip into a hollowed-out squash or a serving bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika and whatever garnish you choose.
Per Serving: 647 calories; 55.9 g fat; 26.2 g carbohydrates; 14.9 g protein; 141 mg cholesterol; 469 mg sodium. Full nutrition